How do I transfer shares held by another party to CommSec? (OMT)

You can transfer shares held by a different party or entity into your CommSec trading account by completing an Off Market Transfer Form (If your shares have the same registration details as your CommSec trading account, you need to complete an Issuer to CHESS request or a Broker to Broker request - this is free of charge).

A separate Off Market Transfer Form will need to be completed for each stock you wish to transfer.

  1. To download the form log into your CommSec account and navigate to Support > Forms & Brochures: Australian Shares > Off Market Transfer form or click here
  2. Complete the form and post to;

CommSec - Conversions
Locked Bag 22
Australia Square
NSW 1215

Your shares will be transferred approximately 48 to 72 hours from receipt of your request.

Transfer fee
A fee of $54 is payable for each different stock transferred. You can attach a cheque for payment of the request, or the fee will be automatically debited from the bank account linked to your CommSec trading account. If you are transferring from one CommSec trading account to another, the fee will be debited from the account receiving the shares.

Answers others found helpful



This site is directed and available to and for the benefit of Australian residents only. © Commonwealth Securities Limited ABN 60 067 254 399 AFSL 238814 ("CommSec") is a wholly owned, but non guaranteed, subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and both entities are incorporated in Australia with limited liability.

By clicking on the "Download the CommSec App" buttons above, you will be directed to or These sites are not affiliated with CommSec and may offer a different Privacy Policy and level of security.