Can I sell Issuer Sponsored Stock with CommSec?

Although Issuer Sponsored Holdings are shares that are held directly with the share registry of the company rather than in a CommSec CHESS account, you can sell them on your CommSec Trading Account by entering the Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) when you place the trade. You should find the SRN, which generally starts with a 'I', on holding statements provided by the share registry.

Alternatively, you can transfer the shares into your CommSec trading account by logging into your account and navigating to Settings > Service Centre > Transfers shares.

Please note: If you do plan to sell Issuer Sponsored stock through CommSec, it must be in the same name as your CommSec trading account and your bank account, otherwise there may be complications with the settlement of the trade.

If the Issuer Sponsored holdings are in a different name, you also have the option of completing a One Off Trade. Find out more about One Off Trades here.

Answers others found helpful



This site is directed and available to and for the benefit of Australian residents only. © Commonwealth Securities Limited ABN 60 067 254 399 AFSL 238814 ("CommSec") is a wholly owned, but non guaranteed, subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 and both entities are incorporated in Australia with limited liability.

By clicking on the "Download the CommSec App" buttons above, you will be directed to or These sites are not affiliated with CommSec and may offer a different Privacy Policy and level of security.